Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Done!
My first ever pair of socks, done! I'm ridiculously proud of them. My 8 yr. old daughter loves them. I used the magic cast on, short row heels, a 3 x 2 rib on the cuff, and some kind of stretchy bind off that involved purling two together. Still, one sock is not as stretchy as the other and it takes a little doing to get it over the heel.


I'm hooked on sock knitting. I'm already casting on for another pair, this time for me! This blog has been a great source of motivation, inspiration, and support.


6 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Congratulations! They look great.

Blogger Ann said...

Great job! I know how you feel as I felt the same after knitting my 1st pair - I have not stopped since then & now knitting my ... 10th (?). Welcome to the world of sock knitting!

Blogger Saffron said...

It's always a good feeling when you finish a pair of sock, especially when it's your first pair. Congrats! They look great! :)

Blogger Helen said...

What a lovely pair of socks. Wish I can knit one too

Blogger LaVerna said...

yeah!Good for you!Welcome to the insanity!

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job! Toe-ups on your first pair! Go you!! You are now officially hooked LOL! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer