Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Socks in trees
I've turned the heel! It's not perfect, but I can live with it. I did the short row heel and it does look much better than my ill-fated short row toe. I'm thinking for the second sock I might try the yarn over method of short rows. I also figured out that my sock yarn is Bernat Sox, 40% nylon, 60% acrylic. It does feel a bit cheap, but the striping is cool. I'm onto the calf, using a knit 3, purl 2 ribbing. My daughter wants them about mid-calf, so I've got several more inches to go.


I took the sock with me today on our field trip to the Treetop Trail, to get a Yarn Harlot-esque picture. My photo isn't too good, since I was using my cell phone camera and trying not to fall out of the tree tops. I definitely need to work on my photography skills.




Becca at Forward Motion


2 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Cute post! Nice colors on the sock too! :)

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Glad you didn't fall out of the tree! Love the colours you're using; they're striping beautifully.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer