Saturday, September 30, 2006
Socktober 1st
Welcome everyone! I hope that you too will be inspired to knit Toe-Up socks for the first time.

Toe-Ups are something I've wanted to try since I knitted my first pair of socks. In fact, I'd planned for the second pair to be Toe-Ups. Hours later, I conceded defeat. Now that I think back, with the benefit of being a more experienced sock knitter, if I'd have just kept going I was probably on the right track.

This time, I'm planning on using Knitty's Widdershins pattern. I'm going to use Paton's Patonyle. It's an Australian sock yarn and I know it will withstand frogging; it's soft and lovely to knit with and it machine washes beautifully.

I'm looking forward to trying again and I hope you'll join us.

Happy Socktoberfest knitting!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer