Friday, October 13, 2006
My Socks & I
My socks and I are currently having a disagreement.

Why? Well, I like to knit a pair of socks "together". So, in this case I've cast on and knitted the foot of the first sock and now it's ready for the gusset, so it's waiting on the other sock to catch up. Then (when I had a block of free time) I cast on the second sock... actually I should say I "attempted" to cast on the second sock. I frogged it a couple of times, and thought I finally had it right... until I noticed a couple of "holes" *sigh*

As a result, they're currently in "time out" and I've cast on another pair of "top down" socks and I'm knitting on those until I have another block of free time and can try the cast on again. Instead of casting on with a black section of the yarn, as I've been doing, I'm going to move along a bit to a grey section. That's got to be easier to see what I'm doing ;-)

OzKnitter
http://ozknitter.blogspot.com (win TimTams)


3 Comments:

Blogger Chele said...

I would love to join in on the socks KALs. I have never done a toe up sock before. I have done a pair on dpns and 2 circulars. Seems like everyone is having such a great time learning. Reading the post I'm kinda apprehensive about the toe up, but I can try it and conquer. Hey we all frog every once in a while, whether we like it or not. You are doing a wonderful job on your toe up socks. I want to join in on the fun to.

Michele

Blogger Saffron said...

Yeah... time out can be a good thing. I had real trouble casting on that 2nd toe too. Is that another form of the 2nd sock syndrome?? I had to put mine in a little time out as well.

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Thanks Ladies :o) I'll definitely come back to them as I'm firmly committed to learning to knit toe-up (I have some "limited yardage" yarns I want to use for socks).

Mihele ~ Send me an email and I'll send you an invite to join the blog. You're more than welcome, as are any other knitters who'd like to join.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer