Saturday, October 07, 2006
Ta-da!! Finally, a figure 8!

Thanks to the sidebar, I have finally managed to get a toe-up on the needles!

The pattern I'm using is from Yarn magazine Winter 2006, and unfortunately the instructions leave a lot to the imagination! (as well as having a few errors, so if you're thinking of using it, be a little cautious)

It took 4 attempts, then my first successful go, I frogged it after realising I'd cast on for one size too big.

Still, as I knit along, it's fascinating to see the mosaic pattern developing!


2 Comments:

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Yay! Congrats! Glad to hear that the sidebar links were useful.

Thanks for the reminder about YARN magazine. I'd totally forgotten the toe-up patterns in there. Must go and have another look.

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Wow! Love this!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer