Monday, October 02, 2006
New Cast On
I did manage to cast on and work through the toe increases of my sock yesterday. The Magic Cast On from Knitty, referred to in the Widdershins pattern, was new to me and although it looks a little intimidating at first (and was a little awkward for me to hold....I sat here at the computer screen, needles in hand - LOL!) It actually was very easy to do!

Hurray, something new learned!!!

I'm going to look at it again in the light of day and slip it over my toes to see if I like it as well as my usual toe-up cast on. I'm also not entirely happy with the yarn I am using. Its one of those things where you know you are taking a chance with colors on the monitor, but this is looking a bit like pea soup with some brown thrown in ;( Not exactly a winner...sigh. And in one my favorites...Socks That Rock yarn. But I have been surprised before, so will keep working to see what develops. If I get a chance I will get a picture today.

Cary at Serenity Farms


2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Cary,
Good for you! I tried the Magic Cast On last night and was very confused with the directions. Of course, I was tired and it was not the best time to learn something new. You have inspired me to learn again. What needle size are you using for your Socks That Rock yarn? I'm using that yarn and think I will go with a 2.5mm

Blogger OzKnitter said...

I agree, it was a little fiddly to hold. I found it easier to use a circular needle in place of one of the DPNs until I had the first 2 rounds knitted, because I could slide the stitches onto the cable part, which gave me a little extra 'wriggle' room.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer