Friday, January 05, 2007
100% cotton ribbed with short-row heel/toe


Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be making a pair of socks that fit several "first" criteria:

1. my first toe-ups (duh!)
2. my first tiny gauge needles (size 1)
3. my first socks on two circular needles
4. my first 100% cotton socks

I'm using cotton sock yarn made by Hibiscuits Girl of The Black Stitch in the "Stronghold" colorway, on Addi Turbo 1s. I used the toe-up pattern from Simple Socks: plain and fancy, used a regular short-row toe, did a reverse stockinette on the bottom of the foot since I've got sensitive tootsies, and I'm about to start what is called a "Sherman" heel - apparently the wraps are much flatter and the whole heel looks much neater in this style. Once I get through that, I will be doing a simple k2 p2 ribbing. Once I see how this yarn is worn, I will attempt some fancy socks using lace patterns.


2 Comments:

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Very pretty colorway! Good luck - rooting you on!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the FO. I love the colorway.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer