Saturday, March 03, 2007
Get Ready! Set! Go?

I finished my pair of beginner socks and now embark on my toe up. I looked at a lot of patterns and had ordered Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch so I think I will start there with a pattern that I might be able to figure out and along side it a tutorial that Wendy did that I found on Knitty.com.

What called for 8.5 stitches per inch on 2's became 0's. But I have my gauge! I am using Mega Boots from Meilenweit. I bought it at my local yarn shop because I was suddenly gripped in fear using my STR for my second try at socks, haha. It looks very pretty in the swatch.

So here I go!


5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I have been eyeing those patterns in the Sensational Socks book, too! In fact, I didn't even realize there were two sections in the book that were for toe-ups! Let us know which one you choose.

Blogger Linda said...

Secret Spindle, be sure to check out the errata for this book. I like the book very much, but there are numerous errors you will want to know about before you pick up your needles!

http://www.martingale-pub.com/Information/Corrections/B687_cor.htm

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Can't wait to see what you do. I love this book!

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I'm going to say the same thing everyone else has "I love this book". It written with every type of knitter in mind. I'm with Linda, check out the errata. I bought mine a few months back and it's a reprint with almost all of the corrections in it. The errors in my book are very minor. It's going to depend on what reprint # your book is. Most of the errors have already been fixed.

Blogger Sharon said...

I am so glad you said something. I went and printed up the corrections in case I need them.

I have gotten started and am on the toe increases. It looks sloppy but I get the jist of it. I hope it cleans up some as I knit!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer