Monday, October 30, 2006
Back to basics 2

I managed to complete my first pair of toe-ups last night. I used the sock-it-to me plain toe-up pattern from elann.com, Lana Grossa Cotton Fantasy sock yarn (shade 813) and Bamboo 2.5mm dpns. The second sock is slightly neater than the first but overall I am really pleased with them. I made short ankle socks as i get really really bored just knitting round after round after round.


I am now looking for in my stash for some yarn to make my first cable toe-ups. I am going to use the cable toe-up pattern in the sidebar. I will probably use Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and use them as bed socks.


3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

You did very well for the 1st pair - they look great! Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino is great for sock knitting & it feels really soft - I have knitted a couple of pairs using this yarn & they are great for wearing around the house during winter.

Blogger Saffron said...

Those socks are really pretty. I love the striping!

Blogger Indigo said...

They look great!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer