Thursday, October 19, 2006
Widdershinning it!
I'm done! I've casted off on my 1st pair of toe-ups. The traditional bind off is too tight even with trying it a 2nd time with larger needles. The third time I got smart and used the oh so stretchy sewn bind-off by Elizabeth Zimmermann that I found in Knitting Without Tears. Here is my Widdershins by Brooke Chenoweth Creel from the Summer 2006 Issue of Knitty:


I know, I know, not the most exciting of pictures but I just could not take a picture of me wearing my socks without making my feet look like Stumpy McStumpertons! This is Koigu KPPPM that just want to sing the praises of. Really, really lurvs it! This is also my first toe ups. Having only done 3 pairs of socks, I think I prefer the top down but will definitely go toe up again if only to do the cast on. Also you can stop knitting the socks whenever you feel like it! Tiennie


4 Comments:

Blogger Saffron said...

Oh those are just lovely. I really like the color!!!

Blogger M'liss said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! Great colors and a great pattern. Congrats!
I might have to copy you I like your results so much!

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Pretty pretty! Congrats Tiennie!

Blogger LaVerna said...

Gorgeous!Big round of applause on your first toe ups!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer