Sunday, October 22, 2006
Back to Basics
I chose my yarn (opal uni - brown), I chose my pattern (Baudelaire) and I cast on, and I frogged, cast on, frogged, cast on, frogged - getting the picture. Somehow I alwats managed to get to the heel turning and then end with totally wrong number of stitichs, or stitiches in the wrong place. Well, this yarn is now destined to become something else, and the lovely Baudelaire has been set aside for a (long) while.
I dedicded that maybe my first toe-up should be basic. So I grabbed some self-striping yarn from the stash, found a basic toe-up pattern from elann.com and cast on. Very soon I had acheieved this...














I am really liking the simplcity and love the colours of this yarn. I am hoping that this will be the ONE that becomes my first (completed) toe-up.

What have I learnt - well two different cast ons for starters, plus if at first you don't suceed, give up!


3 Comments:

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Love that your first toe ups matches your bedding! Great start so far!

Blogger Saffron said...

I love the striping! :)

Blogger M'liss said...

And you matched your sheets...How cute! Love the colors!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer