Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Avoiding the heel
Sock number one (Regia 4 ply wool in Zanzibar) is to heel-turn decision time. My heel of choice is the short row heel, and I haven't a clue how to proceed. However, with instructions in the "Sensational Knitted Socks" book and my sock knitting mentor, I should be able to master the heels by this weekend.

Here is my second toe-up start--Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Mountain Tango. It is yummy soft in a mohair/wool/nylon blend. The legs of both socks will be a simple ribbed pattern.


4 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice work there! Lovely colors too! You can do it..gulp and so can I LOL!

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Pretty socks! I really like those Mountain Colors!

Blogger Ann said...

Really nice colors! If you can do the toe, you can do the heel - I think short row shaping is quite easy as I have been using this technique for both my toes & heels. Good luck!

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Wow, two pairs! They're both looking great. How're you going with the short-row heels? I just posted a link to a tutorial (cosmicpluto) so maybe that will help you out.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer