Thursday, October 05, 2006
My First Toe-Up Sock


Here's my first toe-up sock. I'm using the Widdershins pattern from Knitty and the cast-on the pattern links to.

I think I'm doing pretty well. I've only frogged once, and that was just the cast-on and a couple of rows. I have a little under an inch of the foot left to knit, so once I've done that bit I'll cast on the second sock and knit the foot.

Yarn: Patons Patonyle #4310 (4ply/fingering weight sock yarn)
~ chosen because I know it machine washes beautifully and because I knew it would withstand the frogging I thought I'd be doing
Needles: 2.25mm bamboo DPNs x 4

OzKnitter
http://ozknitter.blogspot.com


3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice work, that yarn looks very soft!

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey girly-whirly....your socks look great! I'm being a copy-cat on your method of knitting two at a time. I'll be casting on my second sock tonight.

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Thanks Ladies! Knitting both at once is my cure for SSS.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer