Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Third Time's the Charm
Well.......as they say........the third time's the charm! On the third attempt I finally was able to get the cast on correct. I ended up frogging the two attempts using the Magic Cast-On. I went to the Toe Up Tutorial link in the sidebar and used Denise's method and it worked. I expect we will all have to find what we are comfortable with. After I get this first pair of Widdershins completed I want to try some other methods of casting on for ToeUps.

BTW, I am really loving this new method........anyone with me on that? I used to dread that last final stretch of doing the toe on toe-downs. Now, I have it all over with!

On an administrative note - if any of you have links to patterns or other helps that I can put in the sidebar, please let me know. Also, if your name is not listed under participants and you know you accepted the invitation to join the site, please let me know. I have more names than blogsites so if your name is missing it is probably because I don't know your blogsite.

Several people have asked if we will continue the blog after Socktoberfest and the answer is an emphatic YES. As long as we have an indication that you guys want to continue we will keep the blog up. I know Lolly is hoping we do.

Have a happy toe-up-ing kind of day!
SOCKS FOR MUM


4 Comments:

Blogger Saffron said...

I've only done one pair of socks and they were top down and I agree with you about getting the toe (and heel) done first is a much better sock-creating experience.

Blogger Ingrid said...

I love that yarn - the colors are fantastic! And the toe looks great - I had trouble figuring out the Kitchener stitch to sew up the toe and it looked a little lumpy.

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Yay! Well done. Loce the way the STR's knitting up too.

I can't say I agree with you about the toe on cuff-down socks... I always enjoy that and the kitchenering. LOL

Blogger OzKnitter said...

That should be... "LOVE the way the STR's knitting up too."

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer