Monday, November 27, 2006
Another Toe Up
Thought I should make my life more complicated so cast on a lacy sock - toe up, of course. It's the Falling Leaves from knitty.com (Fall 2005) & what a pleasant surprise as I learnt a different method of shaping the toe - it's short row shaping but with yarn over - it was much easier than wrapping the stitches. The only thing that I am not very happy with is that the toe is a little too pointy for my liking. Anyway, I will try & adjust that when I use the method again. So take a look at my Falling Leaves .... I am using a 4ply handpainted merino from The Knittery - it's such a soft yarn & lovely to knit with. This yarn was leftover from a vest that I knitted so I hope I have enough for a pair!


7 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job! Lovely colorway! Well, at least you're doing toe-up so it'll be easier to end them in case you get close to running out of yarn!

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Those are beautiful! The colors are perfect for these toe-ups.

Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

This is such a beautiful pattern, and your version of it is amazing with this great yarn! I so love the colorway!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com/weblog

Blogger Carson said...

I agree..pointy toes really bother me. I'm more of a blunt toe gal.
They're not your first socks are they? !

Blogger Helen Knits said...

Beautiful colours and I love the pattern. I'm just printing it out now and it's going on my next to do list. I am doing my 1st toe ups and I didn't like the wrap around method either so I used the figure-eight and that worked fine.

Blogger dulcedosa said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the colorway of the yarn and I think I'll use this pattern for my next socks.

Blogger Yarngineer said...

Those are beautiful. The color really does work well with the pattern...not too much in color changes that you lose the pattern of the lace.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer