Saturday, November 04, 2006
A Knitting Record
My best friend's mum-in-law was visiting & when I found out that she was leaving in a week, I decided to knit her a pair of socks as a present. It was a hasty decision & I knew that I had to knit very quicky - I did - cast on Sunday morning & cast off Thursday night & the socks was given to her on Friday morning. Remembered to take a pic before giving them away .... These socks were knitted toe-up (using Wendy's method) as I really prefer knitting it this way as it's so fast & easy. The rest of the sock was knitted plain (due to time constraint) & the cuff is a Lace Ribbed pattern (again, with courtesy from Wendy). I used Opal Petticoat & really love the color altho' the stripes are not matching & 2.75mm Brittany dpns.


5 Comments:

Blogger kgirlknits said...

Well done to you! I think that must be a record of some sort! I LOVE the colourway of your wool, too!

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Go Ann! Beautiful!

Blogger Saffron said...

Way to go! They look really good! :)

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice, fast job there! Wow!

Blogger OzKnitter said...

A quick knit indeed! Hope she liked them.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer