Monday, November 13, 2006
My First Socks - My First Toe Ups




Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock - Wild Cherry
(2) 24" Addi Turbo US 01

I am having so much fun making my first pair of socks that I can't put them down now. The instep is the Waffle Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. I love the Aloha Fan Toe and Queen Kahuna's No Wrap No Gap Heel. Check out the lovely gusset increases and the sexy short row heel. YEAH BABY!

I am a devout fan of Queen Kahuna's Crazy Toes & Heels book. I've followed it to a "T" and she hasn't lead me wrong yet. Now, this book isn't for everyone as it is VERY wordy, but it has lots and lots of COLOR illustrations that lead you baby step by baby step through the whole process of making 2 socks on 2 circulars either toe-up or cuff down.

...and the best thing is that I'll have a pair of socks when I'm done!!! No, Second Sock Syndrome (SSS) for me.


6 Comments:

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Very cool! You make me want to try that technique!

Blogger g-girl said...

the socks look great! I have that book but I don't have two circs! :(

Blogger Helen Knits said...

The sock looks really good. I must start on my first toe ups too but at he moment I seem to have one sockitis, which is definatley not good.

Blogger OzKnitter said...

What an unusual toe pattern. I'm loving the look of the heel. Your socks are looking great.

Blogger Indigo said...

Oh, I like the toe! Another reason why I want that book.

I haven't quite gotten to the heel yet on my sock. I am thinking of switching to 2 circs, if I can find two size 4's locally.

Blogger Saffron said...

I really really love the colors. Socks are lookin' good! :D

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer