Sunday, October 15, 2006
It really tangled me up !
Yes, I finally finished the Tangled Up In Blue socks while on holidays. This was my 1st toe-up using the Magic Cast-On & I am having 2nd thought about using this cast-on again. The 1st sock went well after a couple of tries but the 2nd sock was a nightmare - I just could not get the cast-on right - it took me 2 nights to figure it out - maybe I left my knitting skills back home as I was knitting in a different environment (motels?). I really felt so stupid after everything fell into place & I was knitting away. If I do try this cast-on again, I should cast-on 1 sock after another so that I won't forget how to do it later - anyway here they are ..... & I got the stripes to match (that's a consolation) ......

I am now knitting another pair of socks - this time using Wendy's toe-up pattern (which I am familiar with) & everything went like a breeze - just plain on the feet & basket weave rib pattern on the leg - here's the 1st sock .....




4 Comments:

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Great stripety socks! You are a fast knitter!

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice work on both!! :)

Blogger Rebecca said...

Fabulous job! I needed to hear a success story..LOL Rip-it, rip-it!

Blogger OzKnitter said...

Gosh you're a quick knitter. The socks look great.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer