Monday, October 16, 2006
As the heel turns
I turned my first heel! I'm having a hard time telling if it's a little tight or if it will all be OK. I also find it unfathomable that the pattern didn't have me picking up any stitches. I decided to pick up four stitches on each side of the heel because if I didn't, there would have been a gaping hole. Don't know if that means I did something wrong or not. But it definitely looks ok. I'm going to keep going and if I decide they're too tight gift them to someone with smaller feet. ;)
xoxo
Ellie


4 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Looking good! I hope to do my first heel soon!

Blogger Saffron said...

Congrats! I'm biting my nail for when I get to the heels. But it's a very cool thing when it works. Sometimes it seems like magig to see that little heel appear. :)

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Yay! Great job turning the heel!

Blogger OzKnitter said...

congrats! I sometimes ignore the pattern too and pick up stitches/extra stitches and it doesn't hurt the outcome at all.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer