Friday, April 20, 2007
Jack Sparrow Socks
I finally finished my Jack Sparrow socks and the recipient was very happy with them. It was my first attempt at stranded colourwork and I really enjoyed it.

If anyone plans on knitting this but is reasonable new to toe-up socks I recommend keeping at copy of Wendy's Generic Toe-Up socks pattern handy as the Jack Sparrow pattern doesn;t walk you though the short-row heels/toes.






Pattern: Jack Sparrow Socks/Wendy's Generic Toe-Up
Yarn: Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock - Camoflauge and Natural
Opal Uni - Brown
Needles: Clover Takumi Bamboo 2.5mm
Modifications: I increased the amount of stockinette between the heel and the skull pattern to achieve the length desired by the recipient.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Those are great!! Where did you find that pattern??

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE these!! You did a great job. I have these on my 'to do' list.

Blogger Susan said...

Awesome!
Those are fantastic. Will they be shown off at the new Pirates of the Caribbean- At Worlds End???

Blogger Helen Knits said...

Hi Kellyd, I found my pattern on Google, just by doing a google search on them. My son is very into Pirates of the Caribbean too so I am going to knit it for him as a surprise.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer