Thursday, May 24, 2007
The Cookie A Monkey Socks with Short Row Heel
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Tonight, I used Peggy's Stretchy Bind-off for Toe-Up Socks on my Monkeys and they are done! Behold the beautiful Monkey modeled on my very own Duct Foot.



The little girl reminded me to leave a bit of sock yarn leftover for mending in the future, so I thought about it and devised a way to catalog my sock yarn bits by labeling them including the pattern name I used and storing them in a zipper bag inside a photo box.

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Monkeys have heels now. The pattern calls for gussets and heel flap, but I wanted to try a short row heel. I followed Queen Kahuna's No Wrap, No Gap Short Row Heel directions, but managed to muck up the last stitches which left me with a small hole on one side of each sock. *sigh* I'll just close them up after I'm done by weaving in some scrap yarn. Last night at knit night, Joanna told me that I didn't pick up the wrap stitch on one side of each of my socks. *pout* I was so proud of myself and now this... *oh well* I'm not going to rip out the heel, I'm just going to go forward and try again next time.


Thursday, May 3, 2007

So, I've dumped Anastasia and am now courting Monkey. Yes, I'm in L O V E with Cookie A's Monkey sock. I'm feeling good about these socks now as I've completed the first repeat of the lace pattern and I'm past the point of no return as far as ripping out the toe for the 4th time. I gave up on the short row toe and went back to my favorite rounded, tried and true Queen Kahuna Fan Toe. D*mn my OCD, but I gotta have a nice, smooth rounded toe.

I do believe that Cookie is now my sock guru. I'll have to cook up a Cookie mantra now. I mean peep her patterns. They are the SHIZNIT!

http://dulcedosa.blogspot.com
Carmen

Labels: , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer