Sunday, May 20, 2007
Frogged :-(
I tried on my sock to see how I liked the feel of the 1x1 ribbing. I decided I really didn't like it and it was just too loose. Before I frogged it, I checked my gauge and found it was different than the swatch I had done many moons ago. That probably explains why it's so loose.
So, it's been frogged. Since I had to rewind the ball anyway, I grabbed the scale my husband uses to weigh his R/C model airplanes & divided the Sockatta yarn into 2 equal weight balls. So, when I restart I'll know exactly how much yarn I have for the leg.
I'm sure that's a Duh! realization but it's one that didn't hit me until I was fairly far along.

I wasn't too happy with the cast on in the Gibson-Roberts book I'm using. So, I'm going to give the cast on from the latest Interweave Knits' article on Toe-Up socks.


1 Comments:

Blogger Saffron said...

I tried that Eastern Cast-on last night and I like it. I thought it was easier than the figure-8 toe, even though I still had to tighten the stitches a little bit.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer