Tuesday, May 15, 2007
First post here
I started a basic toe-up sock with Sockatta yarn using Priscilla Gibson-Roberts book Simple Socks: Plain and Fancy. I used her cast on & formulas using a swatch I did on US 2 double points. I went from a 2 to a 1.5 to try to make it fit a bit tighter. I like how it's looking.

I tried it on and it feels a tad loose. I remember a podcaster (I wish I remembered which one.) talking about doing her sock foots in rib to make it fit better. So, after the photo, I switched to a 1x1 rib. I’ll see how I like it. I can always rip back and switch to 1s.
This is only my 3rd set of socks so I'm still learning a lot.


1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

It looks great so far. I'm going to have to check my stash - I think I have some similar sock yarn that I can use for my first toe-up project.

SD & her blog

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer