Friday, July 20, 2007
My First toe up !!!

okay i finally finished my daughters socks .. she really loves thems ...




Hi all My name is Therese and I'm from Lawndale,Calif. i have been knitting for a while now ... say like 3 or 4 years full force .. and i just love knitting i have knitted many socks on dpn, and learned how to do socks on 2 circular needles .. i love that method the most .. and now i have learned how to do the Toe up .. man i just love this .. mind you this is my first one .. but i love it .. i am knitting the Monkey sock from knitty.com , this sock is so beautiful .. i learned how to do the turkish cast on .. from it was easy ... here is my progress so far

Labels: , ,



5 Comments:

Blogger My Five Sons said...

Love those colours!!!

Blogger Deborah-- said...

Do you have the monkey pattern converted to a toe up pattern? I'm wanting to knit them toe up. BTW...it's look great! I'm hooked on toe-ups.

Blogger Amy said...

I have the same question as Deborah. I've seen toe up Monkeys that take out the purl stitches and toe up Monkeys that are upside down, but is your version true to the pattern? That's what I'm looking for...

They look fantastic!

Blogger Rebecca said...

It is very pretty INDEED!

Blogger Therese said...

This is to Deborah and Amy ... I did the toes ups and i just followed the pattern ... it was upside down .. hee hee ..used the turkish cast on for the toes .. then i just started with the pattern from 1 to 11rows .. for the foot i did 5 repeats .. then i did the short row heal .. then think 7 or 9 repeats for the leg .. then the k1 p1 shown on the pattern for bout 2 1/2 inches sorry took so long to reply

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer