Monday, March 26, 2007
Finally finished!
Look at all the wonderful socks! :)

I finally finished my first pair of toe-ups and gifted them to a friend of mine. She was kind enough to take pictures for me to share on my blog. (If you want to follow the socks progress, click on the -toe-up socks- category in the side bar)

They were made with a figure-8 toe and sherman heel. While this heel, imo, is easier than the wrap & turn short row, I'm still having trouble with it - mostly the knit encroachment doesn't look as good as the purl encroachment. :( I know it has something to do with how I'm picking up the stitch below, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Hope it's ok to still stick around, even though my first toe-ups are done ... I don't quite feel like I've mastered the technique.

~Saffron
http://www.saffronknits.net/

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

They look great. I haven't jumped in and made my first toe ups yet. :~)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer